Grant Amount: $2,000
The City of Lincoln is offering Small Businesses Utility Grants.
Grants are available for small businesses in Lincoln with 50 or fewer employees that operate in a Qualified Census Tract. Small businesses may apply for up to a year of their average electric and water expenses.
A total of $1.5 million dollars will be made available for small businesses.
Grant awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds are available from the American Rescue Plan and small businesses must meet federal requirements. Fraudulent documentation or activity will not be tolerated and will be subject to relevant legal actions and consequences.
The purpose of this program is to provide assistance to small businesses negatively impacted by the pandemic. The program will provide utility payments to assist small businesses in stabilizing and growing business operations and employment as well as to recover from pandemic losses.
Grant Program Benefits
Qualifying small businesses may apply for up to a year of electric and water expenses. Applicants may apply for an amount equal to or less than the total of their electric and water bills from September 2021 through August 2022.
The total amount for any business will be based on the current electric and water invoices. The grant award will be made directly to Lincoln Electric System and Lincoln Water System on behalf of the business.
- Businesses must be for-profit, independently operated businesses with 50 or fewer employees. A sole proprietorship may qualify.
- Applicants must have a physical location doing business in a Qualified Census Tract in the City of Lincoln. Please check to see if your address is located in a Qualified Tract. (You will enter your business address and then click “Color QCT Qualified Tracts” on the left-hand side.)
- Businesses can not have received the City’s Small Business Stabilization Grant for rent or mortgage.
- Businesses must have been in operation prior to February 29, 2020.
- Businesses must provide all necessary documentation.