Website American Express
Collections Specialists are creative problem solvers, results oriented and possesses above average emotional IQ to connect, negotiate, influence, and provide the extra that makes us successful. This elite group of Collections Specialists supports a niche segment of very Special Customers that consists of high value, high spend and prominent card members.
- Must be able to collect on past due, high balance accounts of $30k or greater while making quality decisions for Amex and our customer
- Possess a competitive and strong will to win attitude; demonstrated resiliency and extreme adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Should possess strong customer focus with the ability to conduct detailed and intelligent financial discussions with card members
- Must possess excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills, in addition to strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation; ability to drive strong results with effectiveness and efficiency
- Someone who listen to understand, respond with empathy, treat customers with respect, and take quick creative actions.
- Have a genuine interest in people, a desire to help with a naturally positive attitude
- Demonstrated personal excellence including punctuality, integrity, and accountability; MUST have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work non-traditional schedules with shifts including evening, weekends/holidays—handle outbound calls as well as inbound calls on a dialer platform
- Must be very comfortable on the phone, as you’ll make outbound collection calls and take incoming calls in a high-volume metrics driven environment
- Have a high school diploma/GED or higher
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Credit/Collections, Billing, Sales or Customer Service
- Strong customer focus with the ability to have detailed and intelligent financial discussions with Card Members
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate personal excellence including punctuality, integrity and accountability
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation
- Ability to work nontraditional schedules/shifts
- Proven ability to drive strong results in effectiveness and efficiency
- Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to attend required classroom and OJT training period (up to 120 days) including certification of Special Customer job knowledge
- Ability to work nontraditional shifts including weekends and evenings
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate an internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably thorough broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted.)
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise and other distractions
To apply for this job please visit aexp.eightfold.ai.