Grant Amount: Varies
The annual AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest is a pitch competition bringing leading women and non-binary entrepreneurs to Grace Hopper Celebration – the world’s largest gathering of women and non-binary technologists – with the goal of supporting, encouraging, and providing new funding opportunities to these entrepreneurs.
This year, we are looking for entrepreneurs from all industries who are leading early-stage technology startups. The top 6 finalists will compete at the 2023 Grace Hopper Celebration and will receive GHC 23 registration, travel, and lodging accommodations.
The top 6 finalists will also compete for a total of $100,000 in investment capital provided by Backstage Capital – to be split among the top three finalists, including an Audience Favorite.
If we select you as a finalist, you must be available for the PitcHER™ competition at GHC 23 taking place September 26 through September 29, 2023, in Orlando, FL.
Applications deadline April 14, 2023 at 5pm PT
- Executive Team: You (the applicant and, if selected as a finalist, the pitch presenter) must identify as a woman or non-binary, be the founder of your business, and be part of the current executive team (e.g. the CEO or CTO).
- Stage: Your startup is in its early stage of development (seed): You have a minimum viable product (MVP) and have gotten some user feedback. Revenue is not required.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $2 million in total funding including self-funding, friends and family, angel investors, grants, etc.
- Location: Your startup is based in the U.S. and serves the U.S. market (although it may also be international).
- Return of Capital: (For-profit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will be profitable enough to reward investors for risk.
- Scale of Impact: (Nonprofit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will have an impact that aligns with its mission.