The Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund is a small grant program that provides direct assistance to veterans who are in their beginning years of farming or ranching. Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 to purchase equipment or supplies that will support your farm business. The application process is extremely competitive and submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
- Applicants must have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, currently be on active-duty, or serving in the military reserve/National Guard.
- Applicants must be members of FVC (you can join for free at farmvetco.org)
- Applicants must have an honorable discharge (other characters of discharge may be accepted on a case-by-case basis). Active duty or reserve members need a command support letter.
- Applicants must have an agricultural business in operation, and submit a business plan.
- Applicants must be willing to fully participate in the Fellowship Program, which includes reporting progress, capturing photos of the purchase, and mentoring aspiring veteran farmers if needed.
- Applicants must have the desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on the farmer veteran community.