Grant Amount: $1,000 – $5,000
The Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund is a small grant program that provides direct assistance to veterans who are in their beginning years of farming or ranching. Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 to purchase equipment or supplies that will support your farm business. The application process is extremely competitive and submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
The deadline is on February 14, 2023
- Applicants must have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, currently be on active-duty, or serving in the military reserve/National Guard.
- Applicants must be members of FVC (you can join for free at farmvetco.org)
- Applicants must have an honorable discharge (other characters of discharge may be accepted on a case-by-case basis). Active duty or reserve members need a command support letter.
- Applicants must have an agricultural business in operation, and submit a business plan.
- Applicants must be willing to fully participate in the Fellowship Program, which includes reporting progress, capturing photos of the purchase, and mentoring aspiring veteran farmers if needed.
- Applicants must have the desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on the farmer veteran community.