The Small Business STIMulus Grant Program has been created to assist small, neighborhood-based businesses throughout Cuyahoga County in growing and scaling their business after surviving the COVID-19 pandemic, with an eye on support for minority-owned businesses.
The Small Business STIMulus Grant Program is a one-time payment granted to eligible applicants in an amount up to $50,000 for businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees. Roughly $2 million will be available for grant allocation. Award amounts are available in increments of $10,000, $25,000, and $50,000. Verified gross revenue from 2021 will be used to determine the grant award eligibility amount.
The application closes on September 9th, 2022 at 5:00 PM EDT
HOW TO QUALIFY
- Be a Cuyahoga County small business owner (applicant must be 51% majority owner).
- Have been in operation prior to June 1, 2020.
- Be in operation at the time of application (businesses that have ceased operations are ineligible).
- Have fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees.
- Have verified gross revenue greater than $35,000 in 2020 and 2021. Verified gross revenue from 2021 will be used to determine grant award eligibility amount.
- Not be one of the following business types: a business engaged in illegal activities, loan packaging, gambling, real estate investment, lending, illicit adult entertainment or where the owner is on parole.
- Not be in conflict of interest with Cuyahoga County, the County Council, the local municipality, or the operating program agency.