Grant Amount: $25,000
Are you a Black Entrepreneur or small business owner hoping to take your idea or company to the next level? The NAACP Powershift Entrepreneur Grant is Daymond John’s quest to find and award up and coming Black Entrepreneurs live on Black Entrepreneurs Day. Black Entrepreneurs across the country can apply NOW for the chance to win $25,000 each to help them grow and scale their businesses. In addition to the monetary compensation, recipients of the grant will receive mentorship from FUBU Founder and Star of Shark Tank, Daymond John, and join him live on air during the Black Entrepreneurs Day broadcast to showcase their businesses.
The grants will be generously funded by the event’s partners: Chase, TriNet, The General Insurance, T-Mobile for Business and Lowe’s.
Application deadline: Oct 11, 2023 at 9:00am CDT
- An entrepreneur who is the leading executive (i.e. Founder and/or President, CEO, CFO, COO, or any such other similar title) of a business that meets the below business criteria;
- A legal resident of one of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia; excluding US Territories.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 in AL and NE).
- To be eligible to participate in the program, the business (“Entrant”) must meet all of the following criteria as of the first day of the Program Period:
- Be majority (51%+) owned by a Black-identifying entrepreneur(s)
- Have its principal place of business in the United States;
- A business entity legally permissible in the United States;
- Not be engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination.
- The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor, which may include completing associated documentation.