Grant Amount: $2,500
Two grants of $2,500 each will be awarded to organizations whose work has a positive impact on youth of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, or Lackawanna.
Applicants may apply for one award to enhance an existing project/program or to create a new project / program. Applications will be reviewed, and grants awarded by the Emerging Philanthropists of Color (EPC). Finalists must make a three-minute virtual presentation and may answer two follow-up questions in support of their project/program.
The application deadline is August 31, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The grant winners will be announced on November 3, 2022
HOW TO QUALIFY
Nonprofit organizations are eligible for an award by meeting the following requirements:
1) Organization has tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2) Organization has an operating budget of less than $1,000,000.
3) Organization’s work has a positive impact on youth of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, or Lackawanna.
4) Organization’s proposed project respects and promotes diversity AND one (1) or more of the following:
a. Improves educational achievement for students living in low-income households
b. Increases racial/ethnic equity
c. Protects and restores significant environmental resources and promotes equitable access
d. Strengthens the region as a center for architecture, arts, and culture
The Emerging Philanthropists of Color will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Lackawanna
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity (funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office)
- Projects and activities already completed