Grant Amount: $20,000
BGE is pledging $15 million to assist Maryland’s small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. Eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area can apply for BGE Energizing Small Business Grants of $20,000. This grant program is part of BGE’s comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
BGE Energizing Small Business Grants will prioritize companies operated by historically underrepresented groups that are pivoting their business in response to the pandemic.
How to qualify?
Applicants must be an existing BGE electric and/or gas customer with positive BGE credit history. Other eligibility criteria include:
- For-profit business founded in 2020 or prior
- In good standing (or on the way to) with the State of Maryland
- A maximum of twenty-five (25) employees
- Annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD
- Demonstrated need for funding to support business and serve customers