Grant Amount: Up to $15,000
In alignment with the Square mission of economic empowerment, we began the Black Equity Grant Program to support the growth of Black developers after recognizing that many technologies founded by historically underrepresented communities were also underresourced, lacking the necessary funding and resources to build on Square. This program will provide Black-led platform partners with both financial support as well as increased exposure and visibility.
- The partner’s company must have been founded by or have a current CEO who identifies as Black/African American.
- The partner’s company must be headquartered in the U.S. and serve U.S.-based customers.
- The partner’s platform must be publicly launched (i.e., it cannot be in alpha, beta, or stealth).
- The partner must have at least five (5) monthly active customers of any size.
- The partner must be willing and able to begin development of a new integration between partner and Square, to be utilized by the partner within three (3) months of applying for this grant. The partner must also complete the integration and launch within nine (9) months of grant approval.