Grant Amount: $100,000
For the third year in a row, Instagram is partnering with the Brooklyn Museum and the curator Antwaun Sargent to invest in emerging creative communities. Building on the 2021 #BlackDesignVisionaries grant program, the 2022 program aims to uplift, center, and invest in Black voices and organizations working across both art and design.
The Visionary Small Business Grant will award five $100,000 grants to small businesses and nonprofits focused on design. Each grant recipient will also be connected to a community of mentors — selected with the support of our grant committee and our partner organization, Mobile Makers — who will provide them with at least one year of regular check-ins and guidance.
The application deadline is July 29, 2022
How to qualify?
- Black-identifying applicants are eligible.
- You must be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia.
- Your account must meet Instagram’s Community Guidelines (https://bit.ly/igcommunityguidelines). As well, we are looking for accounts that are active and public.
- At least half of the leadership of your small business must be Black-identifying
- You must be a Black-identifying leader of that business,
- Your business must be no older than 10 years on June 28, 2022, and
- Your business must employ no less than 3 employees and no more than 25 employees, excluding freelancers and interns.
- You must also be at least 18 years old.
- Business entities must be duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing under the laws of the jurisdiction of its principal place of business.