Grant Amount: $10,000
Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust (MDEAT) announced the availability of grants through its Minority Small Black Business Capitalization Program for small to medium minority businesses in Miami-Dade County in the amount of $10,000 to improve or stabilize neighborhood businesses throughout Miami-Dade County.
All grant applicants are required to submit a one-page document indicating how they intend to use the grant funds and how this will help their businesses. Applicants are also required to complete and submit the attached survey. As a part of MDEAT’s on-going efforts to improve and sustain minority-owned and small businesses, MDEAT is requiring each grant recipient to attend a minimum of two technical assistance workshops.
The deadline is on February 23, 2023.
- Businesses must have a physical location in Miami-Dade County
- Business must have been in existence for at least a minimum of three (3) years
- Provide three (3) years of business or Schedule C personal tax returns
- Employs fewer than twenty-five (25) employees
- Must have documentable hours
- Is not in default or non-compliance with any county loan or grant program
- Is not part of a national chain
- Does not engage in illegal activity
- Average revenue must not exceed $750,000 over the last three years
- Only one affiliate by common ownership and/or common management awarded
- Awardees are not eligible to receive an award no more than two years consecutively