Grant Amount: $10,000
City of Kingston’s ARPA Small Business Grant Program, which is made possible with funds from the federal American Rescue Plan Act.
Eligible Kingston businesses may apply for cash assistance to help mitigate the impacts of revenue losses associated with the pandemic. The City anticipates awarding approximately 100 small businesses a one-time cash grant of up to $10,000.
- Be a for-profit business based within City of Kingston limits
- Have 50 or fewer employees
- Be registered to do business in the State of New York unless the business is a sole proprietorship
- Be registered as a DBA if the sole proprietorship does business under a name other than the owner’s
- Be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation
- Have been operating in the City of Kingston prior to October 1, 2021
- Not be facing any pending litigation or legal action
- Not have any business owners, including all managing members and/or officers, who have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years
- Not have received alternate federal, state, or local grant funding to cover the same costs and/or uses included in this application
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds
- Not be a franchise, unless the franchise is not a subsidiary of a larger corporation